If you’ve even been around someone with halitosis, or bad breath, you know the effects of it firsthand. But are you at risk for halitosis? Or are you suffering from it right now? Here are some factors to consider if you are concerned that you might have chronic bad breath:
– Do you suffer from any liver and kidney issues, or respiratory tract infections?
– Do you take any medications that list bad breath as a side effect?
– Do you have any plaque buildup on your teeth and gums, or has it been some time since you have had a cleaning and exam?
– Do you regularly need to use mouthwash to help freshen your breath?
– Do you have any dentures? They can contribute to bad breath if you don’t clean them on a daily basis.
– Do you suffer from gum disease or are your gums red, swollen, tender or bleeding?
– Do you brush and floss your teeth appropriately?
No matter the cause of your halitosis, Dr. Jaclyn Turnbow and the team at Summit Village Dental will make sure that your teeth and gums are properly treated. To schedule an exam or cleaning at our dentist office in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, please contact us at 816-287-5650. We can help enhance your oral health care today!